Aprilaire 1830A - Whole-House Small Capacity Dehumidifier
Designed for smaller homes, condos, and townhomes in humid climates, the Aprilaire 1830 dehumidifier is the newer, more-environmentally friendly version of the 1730A. This version runs earth-friendly R-410A refrigerant and has a MERV 8 rating.
This unit has a capacity of 70 pints (~9 gallons) per day! It also works perfectly for crawlspace applications.
The Aprilaire 1830 is a refrigerant dehumidifier. A powerful blower inside the unit draws air into the cabinet, filters and removes moisture from the air, and then discharges the dry air to the home.
Inside the cabinet, a sealed refrigeration system (R-410A) removed moisture by moving the air through a series of tubes and fins that are kept colder than the dew point of the incoming air. The condensed moisture drips into the drain pan, and then to a drain tube routed to the nearest floor drain.
After the moisture is removed, the air moves through a second coil where it is reheated before being sent back into the home.
- Low Maintenance - just once a year filter cleaning
- Quiet operation, installed away from living space
- The onboard dehumidistat is detachable and easily wall-mountable
- True automatic control - set it once and forget it!
- Dehumidify homes up to 3,800 square feet with a single system
- Back by 5-year warranty (must be installed by licensed contractor to be valid)
|Weight||76 Pound (lb.)|
|Height||19.125 Inches (in)|
|Width||21.75 Inches (in)|
|Length||29.5 Inches (in)|
|Operating Temperature Range||50 - 104 degrees F|
|Warranty Offered||5 Year|
|Energy Star Rated||Yes|