- Outdoor Condenser:MUZ-GL18NA-U1
- Indoor Wall Mounted Air Handler: MSZ-GL18NA-U1
- Wireless Remote Control
The M-Series INVERTER-driven compressor works with the systemÃs sophisticated electronic controls to detect temperature changes in a room or zone, automatically changing speeds to adjust for precise capacity and temperature control. This means substantial utility and energy savings for homeowners.
Features & Benefits:
- Nano Platinum Filter - Ceramic and platinum nanoparticles are incorporated into the filter material to provide antibacterial and deodorizing characteristics to improve air quality & Anti-allergy Enzyme filter traps dust and reduces germs, bacteria and viruses (except GL24).
- Auto Restart and Auto Cooling/Heating changeover
- Air Distribution - Vertical air swing (all units), Horizontal swing (GL18, G24 only) & Wide airflow (GL24 only).
- Control Functions - Wireless hand-held controller, 24-hour timer, Smart Set Feature recalls the preset temperature by pressing single button on remote controller (GL09 - GL18 only) & M-Net Interface.
- Multiple Fan speeds - 5 speeds (GL09 - GL18) & 4 speeds (GL24 only)
- Quieter than previous GE models
- Blue Fin anti-corrosion - Coating on outdoor unit for increased coil protection and longer life.
- Energy StarÃ† rated
How many BTUs do I need for my ductless split?
(BTU ratings are estimates only, based on 10ft ceilings, with great insulation and windows. Some factors may alter this calculation: lack of insulation, heavy sun, excessively hot regions, & tall ceilings)
9,000 BTU 350 sqft
12,000 BTU 500 sqft
18,000 BTU 750 sqft
24,000 BTU 1,000 sqft
30,000 BTU 1,250 sqft
36,000 BTU 1,500 sqft
Make sure you install a unit that is going to properly cool your square footage. An over-sized air conditioner is actually less effective Ã³ and wastes energy at the same time. Air conditioners remove both heat and humidity from the air. If the unit is too large, it will cool the room quickly, but only remove some of the humidity. This leaves the room with a damp, clammy feeling. A properly sized unit will remove humidity effectively as it cools.
Can I install this myself?
While installation of a ductless split is much easier than a central air system, it's still much more advanced than installing a window unit or portable. Furthermore, the manufacturer warranty is only valid if a licensed professional does the installation. So while it is possible to do the installation yourself, we strongly recommend you hire an HVAC professional in your area.
Is this backed by a warranty?
Yes, it comes fully backed by a manufacturer's warranty, and ComfortUp is an authorized online seller of these systems. Our Customer Care team will provide assistance should you ever need to file a warranty claim with the manufacturer. Please be aware that only systems that are installed by a licensed HVAC contractor are backed by the warranty. Proof of licensed installation is required. The receipt/invoice from your contractor should be sufficient.
|Equipment Type||Heat Pump|
|EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio)||13.4|
|HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor)||11.2|
|Rated Cooling Capacity (BTU)||18,000|
|Rated Heating Capacity (BTU)||21,600|
|Nominal Capacity (BTU)||18,000|
|Minimum Circuit Amps||ID: 1 OD: 14|
|Number of Zones/Rooms||Single|
|Mounting Type||Wall Mount|
|Warranty Offered||5/7 All parts are warranted for a period of five (5) years to the original registered end-user with proof of proper installation. The compressor is warranted for a period of seven (7) years to the original registered end-user with proof of proper installa|
|Filter Type||Washable Anti-Allergy Enzyme Filter|
|4-Way Remote Air Flow Control||No|
|Maximum Cooling Capacity||22,000|
|Minimum Heating Capacity||5,400|
|Minimum Cooling Capacity||5,800|
|Liquid/Gas Line Set Size||1/4" x 1/2"|
|Sound Pressure Rating||ID: Cool - 28-33-38-44-49 dB(A) Heat - 28-33-38-43-48 dB(A) OD: Cool - 54 dB(A) Heat - 55 dB(A)|
|Maximum Heating Capacity||25,000|
- Parts List
- Service Manual
- Consumer Literature
- Specification Sheet
- Installation Instructions
- Use & Care Instructions