The Doucette Industries AquefierÃ´ R6K-410 Heat Recovery Unit captures waste heat discharged from the refrigerant cycle in an air conditioning or heat pump system, and transfers that heat into a water heater tank creating hot water for domestic use. Not only does it substantially reduce the amount of energy required to provide domestic hot water, but it also improves the cooling efficiency of the air conditioner or heat pump while it is operating.
The refrigerant side of the unit is installed in the refrigerant hot gas line between the compressor and condenser coil for an air conditioner, or between compressor and reversing valve for a heat pump. The water side of the heat exchanger is connected to the water heater tank to form a circulation loop. Waste heat can be collected when the compressor is operating, the water circulating from the water heater tank is less than 140?F, and the refrigerant temperature is greater than 125?F.
- 230V power supply for easy connection to compressor contactor
- Designed to operate with systems of 1-1/2 to 5 ton capacity
- Fully automatic operation
- High-efficiency all copper vented double-wall heat exchanger
- Water lubricated low wattage circulator pump
- Aluminum enclosure with baked enamel finish; suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- SKU: 50313, Model L50 AquefierÃ´ Freeze-Stat Thermostat
- SKU: 96668, Model PC AquefierÃ´ Pinellas County Valve Kit
|Weight||12.75 Pound (lb.)|
|Height||25 Inches (in)|
|Width||6.1 Inches (in)|
|Length||12.4 Inches (in)|
|Warranty Offered||1 Year Parts - 5 Year Heat Exchanger - 3 Year Pump|
|Refrigerant||HFC - R-410A, HCFC - R-22|