The single-hose design of the Comfort-Aire PS Series Portable Room Air Conditioner makes it fast and easy to install. Just plug the unit onto a wall outlet, and use the telescoping panels to route the exhaust hose through a window. The unit can be moved from room to room, and is ideal for any area where temporary cooling or heating is needed, or in situations where a window air conditioner isnít an option. Applications include apartments, bedrooms, cottages, sunrooms, workshops and more.
- Condensate ManagementóDisposes of its own condensate under most conditions so there's no bucket to empty, and an auto stop function provides overflow protection
- 24 Hour On/Off TimeróSaves energy when the room isn't being used
- Sleep FunctionóSaves energy while you sleep
- Sliding AdapteróFits a variety of window sizes as well as some patio doors; makes installation fast and easy
- Washable FilteróEasy to keep clean to help maintain indoor air quality
- Auto RestartóFollowing a power outage, unit will restart with a three minute delay to protect the compressor
- Control OptionsóIncludes soft-touch keypad on the unit and a wireless handheld remote
- Air Distribution OptionsóLouvers can be adjusted for comfortable air flow or use the automatic swing function for a gentle breeze-like effect
- Operating ModesóAuto, Cool, Dry and Fan Only
How many BTUs do I need for my room air-conditioner?
The table below indicates the approximate square footage that a room air-conditioner will effectively cool. However, other factors should be considered in selecting model size — It would be a good idea to choose the next size up if there are multiple doors and windows in the space, if ceilings are exceptionally high, if heat-generating equipment is used or if several people occupy the space.
Guidelines from www.energystar.gov -
Energy Star recommends increasing capacity by 10% for a sunny room, decreasing by 10% for shaded room.
If used in a kitchen, add 4,000 BTUs to the total.
If more than two people regularly use the room, add 600 BTUH for each additional person.
5,000 BTU 100 - 150 sqft
6,000 BTU 150 - 250 sqft
7,000 BTU 250 - 300 sqft
8,000 BTU 300 - 350 sqft
9,000 BTU 350 - 400 sqft
10,000 BTU 400 - 450 sqft
12,000 BTU 450 - 550 sqft
14,000 BTU 550 - 700 sqft
18,000 BTU 700 - 1,000 sqft
21,000 BTU 1,000 - 1,200 sqft
23,000 BTU 1,200 - 1,400 sqft
25,000 BTU 1,400 - 1,500 sqft
30,000 BTU 1,500 - 2,000 sqft
Make sure you install a unit that is going to properly cool your square footage. An over-sized air conditioner is actually less effective and wastes energy at the same time. Air conditioners remove both heat and humidity from the air. If the unit is too large, it will cool the room quickly, but only remove some of the humidity. This leaves the room with a damp, clammy feeling. A properly sized unit will remove humidity effectively as it cools.
|Weight||68 Pound (lb.)|
|Height||27.8125 Inches (in)|
|Width||16.9375 Inches (in)|
|Length||13.3125 Inches (in)|
|Equipment Type||Air Conditioner|
|EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio)||8.9|
|Rated Cooling Capacity (BTU)||10,000|
|Warranty Offered||1 Year Limited Parts - 1 Year Limited Labor - 5 Year Limited Sealed System. See Comfort-Aire Portable Air Conditioner Warranty Policy for More Details.|
|Sound Level (dBA)||50-56|
|Nominal Capacity (BTU)||10,000|
|Operating Temperature Range||62°F to 95°F (16.6°C to 35°C)|
|Filter Type||Washable Dust Filter|